Monday, April 20, 2015

London? Paddington? Shaftesbury!

Just friendly advice

An excellent idea for anyone who is coming from or going to Cornwall is to stay someplace near to Paddington Station. This I did, which helped me to enjoy London rather than staying out at the airport. Staying out at the airport is something I do not think I will EVER DO AGAIN. It is complicated getting to the airport hotel, and then once you are there you are STUCK there. Until time to be carted off to the airport, kicking and screaming.

Therefore, I looked up and found a spot my sister and I had stayed in before: The Shaftesbury Premier London Paddington Hotel! It sits within .2 miles of Paddington Station. This is very handy, dear Readers, because the train from Cornwall takes you straight to Paddington. And from Paddington, the next day (or any day) you can quickly get to Heathrow by taking the Heathrow Express, a 15 minute train ride, no stops. It is brilliant. And that is why the Shaftesbury Premier London Paddington Hotel will be my destination from now on.

The following will give you some idea of what I did with the half day I was able to wander around London, after having left St Ives:


The SconeLady says goodbye to St Ives


Darling train arrives to carry me off once again

Hot Cornish Pasty on the train! St Ives Bakery does it best

On departure morning, time to visit film location for Upstairs/Downstairs

Walking through Hyde Park, stumbling upon Peter Pan

The Serpentine, Hyde Park

Altogether awesome! I highly recommend it!


See you along the way!
the SconeLady

No comments:

Post a Comment