Saturday, April 11, 2015

Cornwall, Day 38 (Gorgeous Day for a Slow Train)


Today is 'changeover day' in the town of St Ives, and the difference is obvious. During the Easter holiday weeks there were visitors crammed and smooshed onto the streets. Since I, too, am a visitor, I can't really complain because it is 'Us'. None of 'Us' can resist coming.

But somewhere around noon today, it became clear that many of 'Us' had gone back home. And the remainders can actually walk down Fore Street. Down the Harbour Road! Out along the cliffs! 

Bliss.
http://photopin.com/free-photos/slow-train-coming
And this might seems strange, but I felt that Bob Dylan's music deserved to be heard on a gorgeous day like this one. I didn't want to listen to the news (almost always hideous), nor to 'talk' (almost always about the hideous news), but to something True. And the music was almost as spectacular as the day itself! I chose his 1979 album Slow Train Coming, which he wrote after becoming a Christian. Of course, I thought his 'Blowin In The Wind' was smashing, and all, but Slow Train astonishes in its accuracy and depth. I hope you will try it. Begin with I Believe In You, and then perhaps When He Returns. (if you have trouble understanding some of the lyrics, you can access them online here and here.)



Below are the scenes that surrounded the SconeLady as she wandered mesmerized, with a smile on her face:



Spectacular! Above Carbis Bay

The beach at Carbis Bay

Two paddle boarders on Porthminster Beach

The Island (unbelievably emerald)

Paddle Boarding class today!

And in one more week I shall leave here, dashing back across the ocean to my family. Hooray! I can almost feel those arms around me, squeezing tight. Bliss!


See you along the way!
the SconeLady


I believe in You when winter turns to summer,
I believe in You when white turns to black.
I believe in You even though I be outnumbered.
Oh, though the earth may shake me
Oh, though my friends forsake me
Oh, even that can't make me go back..

Writer: Bob Dylan
Copyright: Special Rider Music


photo credit: <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/7557790@N03/3205559107">Etwas Hoeheres by Wolfgang Wildner</a> via <a href="http://photopin.com">photopin</a> <a href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/2.0/">(license)</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment