Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Leavin' On A Jet Plane


I suppose it was inevitable.

"Uh-oh... I haven't called AT&T yet!" said the SconeLady, this morning. This alarming comment was made in the general direction of her husband, the long-suffering kindly tech expert I've come to rely on (he may have tensed, just the slightest tiniest bit, but I can't be sure).

You see, I meant to call them - truly I did - ages ago. There were two iPhones needing to be attended to in preparation for the trip to Cornwall. One will need to be 'unlocked', and the other an International 'plan'. To me it sounded simple enough. AT&T is up to the task, right? So I had procrastinated.

This good man waited to hear whether his wife would need help.  And of course, she did.

He maneuvered through the labyrinth of AT&T, talking (he seems to speak their language), looking up codes and details, doing whatever it took to accomplish the task before my plane was to leave. And he did it! It was certainly not the first time, and the SconeLady is certainly thankful.

With this finality settled, with the bags sitting here in their readiness, I can finally feel the Peter, Paul, and Mary song coming on.



https://www.flickr.com/photos/33459161@N06/3924755672


All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go,
I'm standing here outside your door,
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye.

But the dawn is breaking, its early morn;
Taxi's waitin', he's blowin' his horn,
Already I'm so lonesome I could cry.

I'm leavin' on a jet plane..


And I shall keep you in my Loop, if you wish to be in it - daily updating my dear Readers, sharing the adventure. The scones! Even the weather; for I have been checking, and I'm afraid that Cornwall is in for a week of rain, and wind. But let it come. I am ready.

Today is Tuesday. I fly away tomorrow!


See you along the way!
the SconeLady 


photo credit: <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/33459161@N06/3924755672">close call over England</a> via <a href="http://photopin.com">photopin</a> <a href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/2.0/">(license)</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment