The house is quiet. I seem to be dozing off in this comfy chair, while trying to catch up with Downton Abbey; Mother is learning about All Things British by watching sweet Cranford; and the kindly husband is reposed somewhere else in this house, 'expanding his brain'. At any moment we will all have dropped off to sleep.
It was a busy day, which included:
- visiting doctors in prep for the long journey ahead
- getting enough medications for the long journey ahead
- dashing to Macy's to finally snag the trendy travel items (this time the Visa card worked - yay!)
- fixing a dinner which was as delicious as Lemon Pepper Chicken and asparagus deserves to be
- having our first Strawberry Shortcake of the season!
It was all too much, though, due to an early morning wake-up once again. And so the SconeLady will now give it up and simply sleep. I did finish Downton, and I did take copious notes. Somewhere in mid-doze I thought I heard Thomas being nice to Baxter, but I could have been dreaming (I must have been dreaming..).
Tomorrow, I will make sense of it all and try to make it make sense to you - (or something). I suppose I just need time to think.
And I can't help but repeat what the Dowager Countess said along those lines:
"All this endless thinking - it's so overrated."
See you along the way!
photo credit: <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/chi_bellami/6268722278/">Chi Bellami</a> via <a href="http://photopin.com">photopin</a> <a href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/">cc</a>