Tuesday, October 1, 2013

'The Way is Clearly Signposted. You Can't Miss It...'

Paddock:

Noun
A small field or enclosure where horses are kept or exercised.

May I amend this just a bit? COWS. A paddock contains lots and lots of cows. I know this because I walked through paddocks today. A few dozen, at least.

It was part of a Cotswold walking tour, and it was fabulous. However, it was meant to be 15 miles, which turned into nearly 19 due to trying to follow a large paper map, compare it with a GPS (iPhone and iPad), while alternately reading a sheaf of detailed directions. In the rain.

Briefly let me just say that I did spend time lost. It wasn't lost like being lost on a motorway, or feeling stalked in a dark alleyway. There was no one there who wanted to stalk me. Except, perhaps the cows. And did I mention the bull?

The folks on the same trail with me were great. We all helped confuse ourselves and each other numerous times. It was a laugh a minute, but my feet hurt.

I need to clarify that this was a truly remarkably sweet day, all told. Beauty abundant, friendly faces smiling with an accent, pheasants dotting the landscape. And I get to do it again tomorrow!

See you along the way!
the SconeLady





No comments:

Post a Comment