Monday, October 14, 2013

Kindness in the Motherland


When my husband and I realized that my suitcase might be a little heavy for an overseas trip, his question became, 'What are you going to do about this when lifting it is unavoidable?' 

I really didn't know, except to say that I would have to ask for help. To ease his justifiable concerns, I emptied the non-essentials. It didn't help much.

But I am happy to tell you that what I have found here has been gallantry, even honor, if it isn't too dramatic to say so. Sometimes you just can't take care of something by yourself. And then you hear from behind you the words, 'May I help?' This help has come from people of all shapes, sizes, ages and nationalities. They have made the potentially rough moments of this trip a much simpler matter. I will not be able to thank them beyond the hurried appreciation as they lift or pull or manhandle the bag into place. 

Today I came upon the sign below:




Some things are just too much to ask, even of the nicest man. A fellow passing  nearby as I gazed in anguish at this alarming sign, just pointed me to the Lift. 

It was all I needed.

See you along the way!
the SconeLady










No comments:

Post a Comment