Friday, October 4, 2013

St Ives, Here We Come!

I was sorry to leave the Cotswolds this morning, but am enamored with our new digs in Somerset for tonight. I can't begin to tell you how lovely it is here, all in a different way from the buttery allure of Cotswold stone and thatch. And tomorrow it's St Ives, and the liberty to seek out the perfect Cornish cream tea!

We stay tonight in a B&B that looks more like a castle. In fact I think it is a manor house, but castle-ish, with full suits of armor, a table that sits 24 in the great Hall, and oak beams. Beams simply everywhere, even in the bathroom. My room is actually two rooms, one on the second floor, and another on the third floor. I can explain this. The bedroom is the first room, and it has a toilet and sink room (remember: BEAMS). Then you go up a flight of stairs to find a living/sitting room, with a bathtub (and more beams!). We need more time here to thoroughly enjoy all of this superiority! However, we shall indeed leave it, and head for a most delicious place, about which I will tell you, my dear and faithful readers.

But I want you to know that we did have scones today, in another castle (names will be provided tomorrow), which we feel could have been better. Perhaps, a 6! But the dearest man served us, and we ate right next to a resplendent suit of armor, and the sun came out and bathed the massive room in splendor. Sweet fellowship!


oh! it is time to go. Much love, and..
I hope to see you along the way!

the SconeLady

1 comment:

  1. Those dear faces! Glad you're having fun and running into so much armor!

    ReplyDelete