Sunday, October 6, 2013

A Day in The Life of St Ives

The day began with croissants. Clear and simple. We had worked out where to buy these lovely and yummy breakfast treats, and I was voted most likely to walk out in the early morning; which I did with great anticipation.

These delicious bits of bread came out of the oven just as I walked into the store. It was all I could do to keep from opening my mouth right then and there, and popping one straight on in.

But I restrained myself. And had a lovely breakfast, after which I went to church and loved the C of E  sung Eucharist. I would like to share the details in a blog coming your way soon.

After church, the five of us took a picnic and strode off on an 8 mile hike, over and around the cliffs near St Ives. Easy, it was not! But fun, and stimulating, and filled with fellowship? Yes, it was!

Rosie and I are plotting to find our perfect Cornish cream tea. There has been no time, since we arrived here. I'm sorry to be so lame as to not find cream teas for you to enjoy reading about! But I haven't given up, oh no.

I hope to see you along the way!
the SconeLady

2 comments:

  1. This last picture looks a lot like when we went up the hill to find that gallery (sculpture garden) and then down to the hike we took together, passing the cemetery on our way. Are you finding a lot to do each day? Is the weather cooperating. Are you going to Penzance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, when we went up the hill and past the cometary, we ended up here. The day we walked, I think we needed umbrellas part of the time. This trip it was actually almost warmer than comfortable some of the time. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete