Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Four Generations, and Martha

Just days ago, I discovered Martha. Again. I have known about her, about her magazine, about her television show, and all of that, for ages. But mostly I had associated her with crafts, or sheets, or muted colors.

Until she made Scones. Yes! She made them. And such perfection is not often realized.

My mother-in-law DVR-ed Martha Bakes, the other day. I was in the kitchen when I heard her talking about Martha Baking scones (you never have to say 'scone' twice, to the SconeLady). I followed her into the TV room and sat down to watch it. My daughter came in and sat. Her 3 year old daughter wandered in. At final count, we had four generations of women, age 3 to 81, watching Martha Bake scones.

Please realize. I haven't tasted anything, yet. But I caught a steady glimpse, and that is a first step. It is  also important to note that the SconeLady is hungry, just thinking about this. Right Now.

Better get out the rolling pin.

See you along the way!










No comments:

Post a Comment