Friday, October 18, 2013

Shall I Ever Scone Again?

Shall I? Of course! Sconing is now a Verb in my personal vocabulary, and I desire to do more of it. I might need to build the scones myself, this go around. And I have just the recipe for it: Rosie's Scones!

Anyone who has had these scones will tell you that they are an automatic 10 in the sconing world. I will soon dedicate a post to these scones, introduce you to Rosie, and give you the recipe.

As I am pondering this delicacy, I am also remembering the places and people I was privileged to see while I was in England. I began in Cambridge, staying a night at Sydney Sussex College. Nearby is Auntie's Tea Shop, home of some of the best scones ever consumed.          





Then there were the 6 days in Norfolk, with friend Rosie and family. Many miles were walked, and many terrific meals eaten! (Please see blogpost from September 26, Have I Told You Enough About The FOOD?)

The city of Oxford, Magdalen College, the Kilns, the Eagle and Child. Need I say more.







And now I can feel the jet lag coming on! No time to edit, so I'll come back tomorrow to fix it! 
See you along the way!
the SconeLady
















No comments:

Post a Comment