Sunday, October 27, 2013

Home Fires

The end of this day has brought me home, at long last. My husband has driven me here, back from all the travels, and the sobering yet joyful memorial we have experienced. And so the miles walked in England, the scones sampled, and the people who supported me there, are all many thousands of miles distant, but not from my mind. No, never far from my mind.

You can see that we are having a cheery fire in the wood stove; we are covered with lap blankets; we are reclining at our respective laptops, just across the room from each other (brave new world); and we are gradually becoming warmer against the 39 degrees that greeted us moments ago.





Because apparently a corner was turned while I was away. It has become inhospitably cold, and rainy, and stormy. But I shall stay near the Home Fires, next to (or across the room from) my husband, Home, where I belong.

See you along the way!
the SconeLady





No comments:

Post a Comment