Sunday, September 6, 2015

the Queen


There is always that vaguely scary feeling that you might have misplaced your passport. It is one of the things you might wake up worrying over just before a trip, just as if you were a complete idiot and wouldn't have put it away in a safe place. That happens to people, sometimes, but someone like that would not be married to the SconeLady's husband. The SconeLady's husband is always very careful about such things, even when he has not traveled and his Lady has. 

So, late into the night I awoke suddenly and with a scared feeling. Where was the thing, anyway?...and the Railcard...and I knew there were some British pounds lying about somewhere too, along with the converter. Sigh. I would have to have a good look first thing in the morning. 

And, of course, there they all were, stuffed into a safe place just as I had hoped they would be. There was the younger Queen Elizabeth staring out at me from her 5 pound note and various coinage. There reposed the converter with its three outlets allowing me to at least partially keep my devices fed while I am away. For there will be:
  • two iPhones (one with a UK SIM card and the other an American)
  • an ipad
  • a MacBook Air 
  • a juice box (for greater battery life while out on the road)
All of these things will help to keep me connected with you, and enable any number of book pages to be completed. The excitement builds! 

I can hardly wait. 


See you along the way!
the SconeLady












No comments:

Post a Comment