Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Saying Goodbye to a Year


It was a very good year and here we are, seeing it out. Most everyone has gone home now, and a hush has fallen upon this place. It is as if a light switch has been flicked off, and we miss them already. 

I don't feel as if I personally will ever recover from all of the food, but I am hopeful. There was so much of it!

  • buffalo wings
  • Teriyaki Chicken wings
  • barbecue meatballs
  • homemade Mexican cheese dip, and chips
  • fresh homemade cinnamon rolls, just hot from the oven!
  • carrot sticks (I believe our only healthy item..)
  • chocolate whipped cream layer cake
  • apple pie with ice cream
I now groan. And part of the reason for this groan is the whipped cream layer cake you see here. I had two eager helpers to get the frosting onto it, with (of course) the occasional furtive lick here and there. I didn't mind that, because they were so funny and cute while they frosted. Both concentrated wonderfully well and made certain to get every spot of cake covered up. Then we all dove into it with a will.

It is the cake our mother always made for us. Birthdays, holidays, picnics, and sometimes for no reason at all - she would whip one up and wow simply everyone. And now the next generation is in on it. Quite literally, sweet!



This evening was all hugely fun, and continues to be (although in a quieter sort of way). But the SconeLady cannot possibly stay awake right up to the stroke of midnight. No, I do not think so. In fact, I may close the lid of this device immediately and take myself off to bed. The idea sounds so comforting, my dear Readers. 

But before I do this comforting thing, I want to wish you a wonderfully happy and contented New Year. 2015 awaits us. Who knows what mysteries may be revealed during it? And what new people may come into our lives throughout the months ahead.

Let's look forward to it, shall we? Let us welcome it all.


See you along the way!
the SconeLady


No comments:

Post a Comment