Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Soul


There remains much to be done - vegetables to be peeled, tables to be set, floors to be swept. I keep dashing back to my list! (I wonder, should I put together the casserole tonight, or wait until tomorrow..?). All of those thoughts crowd in, but it is these words that have caught my heart, this Christmas Eve:



O Holy Night, the stars are brightly shining!
It is the night of our dear Savior's birth.
Long lay the world in sin, and error pining,
'Til He appeared, and the soul felt its worth.


That right there says it all. That is Christmas. And it is what I wish to ponder, as did Mary, on that Holy night. I do belong in those words, "In sin and error, pining." And what is pining, anyway? A bit of research reveals that it means 'to yearn'; 'to ache'; 'to grieve'. That's what it is to be pining

Are we meant to 'pine' on Christmas Eve? Yes! because the joy of it is that He (at just the right time) appeared. Remember this, and ponder it. As we soon drift off to sleep, ready for all that tomorrow will bring, let us not forget that. Nothing in a brightly colored package was meant to ever replace the impact of that one bright appearance.

All of this means that your soul has worth. Let that one sink in. 


See you along the Way!
the SconeLady



No comments:

Post a Comment