Saturday, September 6, 2014

Pardon Me While I Dream


I go to sleep thinking of long flights with British attendants asking if I would like some tea.  Of waking, then sleeping, then eating, then watching another movie until I sleep again. Of wondering whether my phone will operate functionally once I touch down. Of whether the most delicious scone ever made will be found in Cornwall, or in London.

All of these things filter my dreams, right now. I am thinking that there might be sun on the first day; or if not sun, at least a hint of sun. I am hoping there will be a friendly C of E that will welcome me with handshakes and hymns and tea afterward. And I am thinking with anticipation of a certain show I will see - the one about American GIs in Vietnam. It is a time in history I lived through and can remember (even though it was the 60s).

Stay with me as I go! Click on SconeTherapy and give me advice! Tell me where you have been when you yourself found a scone of worthy mention! Let's do this thing together. It's much more fun that way.

Friend Rosie will be waiting with open arms; along with, of course, Ted - bread baker extraordinaire, unmistakable Guide through any winding pathway we may tread. We would love to hear your recipes as well, dear Readers - tell us about your scones, or your friend's scones, or any scones at all. There is an almost unlimited variety for us to bake or to find or to consume. Let's not be too narrow here. It's all one gigantic possibility when it comes to SCONES.

So bake away, and enjoy each bite without thinking even once about calories or any sort of grams. I know you will remember the jam. Nobody ever forgets the jam. But from time to time, and I know you will find this shocking, someone might forget the CREAM. It is hard to believe. It is unconscionable. It is - not to be borne. The SconeLady and her fellow sconers will never eat one without it.

But I'd better get to bed. There is so much to dream about, I fear it may not all fit into just a few hours.


See you along the way!
the SconeLady

No comments:

Post a Comment