Friday, September 12, 2014

Toward the Land of Downton Abbey


Once again, a flurry of excitement and activity has descended upon this, the SconeLady's home. 

Perhaps I can say that the details are now decided upon! Perhaps the first scone of discovery is on the horizon and I can almost smell it! Either way, the Countdown's getting closer. With a final touch here, and a tweak of timing there, beloved England is within reach, and won't she be beautiful.

Just, for a moment, look at my contrasts. See how HOT we have all been here, and think of how COOL I will now be. A dream come true! I do love to be cool. Remember all the days I walked along, surrounded by piles of snow? So cloudy with a chance of 57 sounds pretty good, to me.

And don't forget to check back with me, here. Come by every day, and if I haven't shown up yet, you'll know that the SconeLady is doing her level best to make an appearance. Delays may come, they always seem to at the beginning. But don't give up on me!




Tell me if you have ever been to the Land of Downton Abbey? Have you visited Highclere Castle, where the 'real' Downton Abbey is/was/seems to have come from? Tell us about it! I have never yet been, but keep hearing that it is a must do. Maybe I can fit it in along with that Beatles Tour I have been wanting to experience; and then there is the visit to the BBC; along with the British Museum and the Mildenhall Treasure; and I can'tt miss the lovely ride up and up to the top of the London Eye...

Today is Friday. I fly away on Sunday!


See you along the way!
the SconeLady


photo credit: <a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/kathika/2532960470/">mrkathika</a> via <a href="http://photopin.com">photopin</a> <a href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/">cc</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment