Friday, September 5, 2014

Not Rushing the Process


Fun, but exhausting. That's what the four of us are thinking right about now. There was a bit of peace and calm this late evening, interrupted briefly by an eruption of sorts, then calm again as daddy read. As I was passing by upstairs I all of a sudden heard and saw what he was reading to his three. A passage in the Bible about Jesus. All of the eruption and mild chaos of the moments before, fell into peace. It was the sweetest thing.

It is like that, when we take the time to focus there, again, and also lead their focus. "Come unto Me, ...  and I will give you rest." Hello! that was what I needed to hear, and will need to hear again. The mild (or not so mild) bits of chaos we all face usually come while we are trying so hard to control everything. Obviously it's high time we just handed it all over.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dexxus/4158928239/

I would like to take my cue from that young father, sitting on the floor with his three; weary, but giving them exactly what they need - the Light of Christ - and not rushing the process.  It's a 'glimpse' of the Truth for them, and one they are beginning to grasp.

Earlier, grandma had placed the dinner before the two smaller ones, and we three settled in to ask the blessing. The 2 year old wanted to pray, and so he did. The subject of his prayer wasn't exactly about the food, admittedly. But it was about something he felt very deeply. There was something about mommy in it, but then the topic switched to potty training. I won't enlarge here, but a more sincere prayer I have never yet heard. Eyes squeezed shut, hands clasped together, he poured out a brief but heartfelt request - one that I feel certain will be honored.

It's the little things that get you. That got me. 

Sweet. Illuminating. Needful.

Silently now, I wait for Thee,
Ready my Lord, Thy will to see.
Open my eyes, illumine me,
Spirit Divine.

Text: Clara H. Scott, 1841-1897
Music: Clara H. Scott, 1841-1897 

See you along the Way!
the SconeLady

photo credit: <a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/dexxus/4158928239/">paul bica</a> via <a href="http://photopin.com">photopin</a> <a href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/">cc</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment