Sunday, September 15, 2013

Countdown!


It is hard to imagine how any trip could possibly be as enjoyable as the anticipation and planning of it! I have had so much fun scheming and plotting that I feared the actuality must fall short somehow.

So as I count down the days to takeoff, the excitement spirals up, and up. It is a gift to be able to take this step, nearly two years after the major spinal fusion that changed life for me. The chance to walk again on England's green and pleasant land, to listen to the civilized kindness that seems to permeate that place, will be Therapy itself.

Today is Sunday; I fly away on Wednesday! The four weeks of lovely, but (probably) wet walking days, pausing frequently for scone-ish sustenance, will be faithfully recorded here. Do let me know if you have also followed a similar road, enjoyed these same tastes, or wished to do so at some point along your path. Sometimes we simply live it vicariously through what we read, or watch, or listen to - and that, as well, is a joy not to be scorned.

See you along the way!
-SconeLady

2 comments:

  1. SconeLady! How wonderfully written! Can't wait to follow your adventures. GREAT idea creating this blog! Quack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kyle! I am so glad you saw it and commented! QUACK!!!

    ReplyDelete