Thursday, September 26, 2013

Have I told you enough about the FOOD? (day seven)

There have been quite a few instances in this life when I have doubted that I would ever face another forkful of food, but never quite so many instances all in one week! No kidding. Rosie, with Ted's willing help, has produced no fewer than six knockout dinners, one for each of the nights I have spent in her home.

Let's see, there was salt beef and dumplings/fresh vegetables; baked chicken with roast vegetables and fresh bread (Ted's for-real bread oven); roast leg of lamb (stuffed with garlic and rosemary), with fresh crispy leeks, courgette, roast potatoes, and broccoli, all from her garden; Ted's homemade pizza baked in his bread oven; beef rib eye cooked over the open fireplace, with a bernaise sauce, with green salad/homemade vinaigrette, garden veggies and tarte tatan (and-get this- her special homemade cinnamon ice cream!); and finally, grilled beef steaks with roast potatoes, courgette, and garlic cloves, topped by a wonderful apple/ berry crumble - with clotted cream! Only once did I see any leftover served. Now if I had been the cook ... well.

So can you forgive me for not having discovered or consumed any further scones? I ask you.

See you along the way!
the SconeLady

No comments:

Post a Comment