Friday, January 3, 2014

(Part 10) New Zealand. Go There If You Can


Don't Put It Off!

Well now, have you gone and made your airline reservations yet for that beautiful land down under? Both New Zealand and Australia are fabulous, but I have been speaking more about the former, so far. I think if you can possibly swing it, you should. Sometimes a change of scenery can break the rhythm of a struggle, and set us on a new path altogether. That did happen, for me.

                Capernwray Lodge, 1972

Some years after my time there, Capernwray Lodge adopted a different name - Fowey Lodge. But it is the same as ever, to me. The Lecturers are superb, the food excellent, and the welcome secure to all who wish to study. 

Most of all, Director Tony Hanne and his wife Christine are remarkable. Sons Nick and Pete add excellence and technology to the place, as well as high adventure on a sailing craft during the summertime Water Weeks (January).

My husband and I discuss going back quite a lot. The 'go' button has yet to be pushed, however! Hopefully, soon..
               



                                                                                                       Fowey Lodge, 2002

Meanwhile I can stare at the photos and enjoy the many outstanding memories I am privileged to possess. And maybe it is time for you to make similar memories. As far as I know, there is no age limit to attending Fowey Lodge! And I can guarantee it will be an Adventure. These days you probably won't come across pancakes, tomato soup, white bread, and scones for your first lunch. But there will be something notable to enjoy while discussing the merits of the Book of Romans. I trust that I shall, someday soon.


And I will hope to see you along the way!
the SconeLady



View from Fowey Lodge, 2002







No comments:

Post a Comment