Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Downton Abbey Breaks Hearts

Sweet Anna In Harm's Way


The scones are baking themselves to a golden perfection; the cream, whipped and waiting; tea, steeping in the pot; and all Downton Abbey lovers are looking forward to enjoying the newest installment. It feels a bit like Christmas! Laughter and anticipation rise as we approach 9pm.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

And Downton was all excitement last night as the family and the servants prepared for a house party. Poor Molesley faced the shocking realization that he would have to be a Second Footman (such a horror!). Then a boisterous game of Racing Demon in the servant's hall upsets Bates, but Anna sees all as innocence itself.




And then!

In shock, we watched as our beloved Anna hit rock bottom at the hands of an Evil Creep. (The SconeLady can think of many other, stronger words to use here). 


Suddenly the scone I had been devouring became rather hard to swallow. The sequence before us continued on agonizingly, until Anna's screams faded and her fateful decision to keep all quiet became apparent. Our sweet little tea party sat stunned, disturbed.

Anything else that might have happened to the family or the servants, or the guests, could hardly be fathomed in this one new development. It is clear that Anna and Bates are in for a rocky road ahead.

Do you remember that I watched the first four episodes while in England? How is it, then, that I was surprised by this thing that happened to Anna?

I'll tell you. It is because, I FELL ASLEEP IN A JETLAGGED STUPOR during that half of the program! Unbelievable, but true. 

And now that I have actually seen this episode fully awake, I wish I hadn't. Sleep would have been preferable but there I was, wide eyed, last night.

I am rooting for Bates to come and take his revenge on the Evil Creep. Now that would be worth staying awake for.



See you along the way!
the SconeLady








1 comment: