Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Downton Does Not Disappoint

Anna Turns A Corner 
And 
Edith Makes a Mistake


So I may be working my way back to baking scones for the next Downton Abbey evening. Things are much less dismal! Anna and Bates are mending fences, Lord Gillingham is getting married to someone other than Mary, Albert is back in the Manor kitchen liking Daisy more and more, and Edith is in a sticky situation.

Poor Edith. But with the rest, I am not discouraged.

There is the insertion of a new ladies maid, Miss Baxter. Her sewing machine has made an impression upon everyone downstairs, and perhaps with Thomas's help she can infiltrate the upstairs as well. I suppose this means she is the new 'spy' for Thomas, so we had better be ready for the shenanigans to continue. Why do I find myself missing O'Brien?

And have we forgotten Molesley? Never! Poor Mr. Molesley was offered Albert's vacancy as footman at the Abbey, but was shocked and stated that he would 'think about it'. Still believing himself to be butler material, Molesley cannot bear a downward move in this intricate world of 'class'. By the time he is ready with a reluctant acceptance of the offer, it is - oh no! - withdrawn. Molesley cannot even be a footman! He just never seems to get this one right.

Also:

I don't want Branson to take baby Sybil to America.

I don't care if the farmer's son pays off his taxes.

I am sorry Isobel has forgotten she has a grandson amidst extreme grief for her son.

I don't care who took the letter opener from the Dowager Countess's desk.

I do care that the letter opener from the Dowager Countess's desk is missing.


So there you have it. Until next Sunday night I shall just have to weigh my suspicions about what on earth is happening to poor Edith.


See you along the way!
the SconeLady



photo credit: <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/smeian9061/5532313566/">iron_smyth48</a> via <a href="http://photopin.com">photopin</a> <a href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/">cc</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment