Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Pinnacle of Scones

The culmination of scone tasting has at last taken place, with the baking and consuming of Rosie's Scones.

I promised you this on November 5, and now, I have achieved a stunning result. My only regret is that I did not have a white table cloth or porcelain to use in the serving of these delightful treats. The experience, however, was not in any way hindered.

The recipe I gave you worked exactly as expected. Just the right amount of sweetness for the scone lover to savor; of perfect warmth, from the oven; a scone of substance, and none of that annoying dryness so many scone recipes produce. And, the ultimate wow factor: whipped cream. Applied generously. Atop my mother-in-law's homemade strawberry freezer jam.






It is now 9:30 p.m., and I am thinking about venturing into the kitchen for just one more. But, I will wait. A good sconing experience must not be beaten into the ground by over-indulgence. It must be savored, not binged.

Today, I baked and ate scones on my own, in this sweet woodland cabin. But I believe having someone to share them with would have heightened the enjoyment. Please, if you do try baking these Rosie-ish scones, invite. Welcome. Hug. Serve. Laugh!

And, I'll see you along the way!
the SconeLady

No comments:

Post a Comment