Tuesday, November 5, 2013

At Last - Rosie's Scone Recipe!

Tonight, I shall tell you about her scones, and tomorrow I shall bake them. And take pictures of them. And eat them.

You may read about Rosie and her scones in the 10/29 blog entry, where I discuss the complete superiority of this lady and her baking results. Below is the 1992 scrap of paper, upon which I scribbled the conversions from Rosie's metric measurements, to measuring cups and spoons!



Here it is in readable form:

Rosie's Scones

Set oven to 425F

Mix together:
4 cups self-rising flour
1/2 cup butter

Add
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs, with enough milk to make 1 1/2 cup liquid  
(Save a small amount of the egg mixture for brushing tops)

Stir together all ingredients until dough is sticky.

Sprinkle flour on counter, and knead dough until ready to roll out.
Roll to 1 inch in height, and cut approx. 2 inch rounds.

Place each round on a flour covered baking sheet.
Use leftover egg mixture to brush over tops of each round.

Bake 10 minutes, or until golden brown.

Serve warm, with butter, jam, and whipped cream.
And tea!
(May also be served with clotted cream rather than whipped.)

Be ready for a fabulous taste treat!

I hope you bake Rosie's Scones. I hope you eat them with the full amount of goodies on top. I hope you invite someone to enjoy them with you. And -

I hope I'll see you along the way!
the SconeLady

No comments:

Post a Comment