Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The Literary Cafe. More Than Just a Hangout.

Every weary traveler looks for, and hopefully finds, a place both soothing and untroubled - with Wifi. And good coffee. And a fresh croissant.

I found such a place, in Tufnell Park, London. Rustique is a civilized and welcoming spot that, as I quickly found, appears to be becoming known. I stepped in one evening after coming off the tube, looking for somewhere to finish a blog entry, and perhaps grab a bite. Immediately I was charmed by this sanctuary, this bookish abode, this - well, literary cafe.

Along with the free Wifi you will find electric wall outlets near each table; you will find books lining the walls; you will find the patience of the proprietor, who never hurries anyone out. Ever.



When you are far away from home, you want to find places that make you feel at home. You wish for them to offer you the possibility of reaching your home, through Wifi. I was astonished to discover that such a place existed at just the right time, for me. I returned more than once. Not only was the ambiance dreamy, with its cozy tables and individual lamps on each, but the leather couch and the kindly host would present a complete welcome to any weary pavement pounder.


I wish I'd had the chance to go there more. But soon it was time for me to turn away from the home-like spot to the Real Thing. Rustique will remain in my memory as one more of those gracious moments-in-time to go back to - one day.

See you along the way!
the SconeLady













No comments:

Post a Comment