Thursday, July 3, 2014

They Say It's Your (my) Birthday


Yes, my dear Readers, it is the SconeLady's birthday.

What is it about birthdays? (I ask you). They are the days you wait all year for because they seem to make everyone around you happier. If someone hears it is yours they suddenly animate, becoming elated on your behalf. You are a Rock Star!

Some people remember waking up to breakfasts in bed, on their birthdays. Others recall not having to do ANY HOUSEWORK on that one unique day. I like both these ideas. I hope I did something like this for my children (but I don't exactly remember..).



Today I arrived for a meeting early, again; walked along a beautiful river, again. I sincerely hoped not to run into any more unclothed persons (please see the post from July 1 - haha!), and cautiously peered ahead in an earnest endeavor to be forewarned. But no - there were no such persons, and I was able to enjoy the river and to think ahead in anticipation of a birthday dinner.

At last, it was time. And it was sweet! Truly. Mother was there. A loving sister, and husband, and son, were there. And, the rather dazzling husband was, of course, there. The dinner? Mexican Pile-On (a future blog post, but suffice it to say: DELICIOUS). Fruit salad. Corn salad (you wouldn't believe how good..). 

A cake (chocolate), with candles, a song, a blowing out of candles, ice cream piled as high as we wanted, sweet gifts, and great cards. 

'Normal?' you ask? Yes, fairly normal, if normal is being surrounded by people who have known you for AGES and still love you; if normal is having a husband who still looks at you as though you are wonderful; if normal is having two children and three grandchildren who call to squeal out 'happy birthday!'; if normal is having a mother who is still ravishing and stately; and if normal is sitting outdoors around a table-clothed table beneath pine trees and bird feeders. If - then: yes.


My favorite moment was opening:






Hahahahaha!


As you can see, I have had the most wonderful birthday, first to last! Surrounded by people who are fun and who love me. Oh, how I thank God for the privilege. 


(Alright now, where's that chocolate?)


See you along the way!
the SconeLady


2 comments:

  1. One of my favorite parts was seeing the look and smile on the face of the man (the one who gave you that card) as you were reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! It was so sweet. Chocolate is a great favorite around here,,

    ReplyDelete