Sunday, August 12, 2018

During Coffee and Biscuits


Last Sunday in Wiltshire there were 7 of us, plus the Vicar. Today, at the Parish Church in St Ives I couldn't count the numbers from where I sat. But there were so many of us that the aisles were filled as we lined up for Communion, the Vicar taking his time to carefully read what needs to be read before people do something so important. It was splendid.

And after, another splendid thing that happened was getting to talk with two men who had attended boarding schools, as boys, and had been 'caned'. The topic came up during coffee and biscuits. It seems to come up fairly frequently over here because it has something to do with why I am here, and I like to weave questions that might elicit opinions from my British acquaintances.

They had very definite opinions on these things (one was very much pro, and the other just as con) and none of us wanted to stop talking about them. But it was time to go, and someone seemed to be shooing us out. So we are going to keep talking about them, next Sunday. 

I can hardly wait.





See you along the way!
the SconeLady















1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear the 'deal'.

    By the way, it was GREAT to see your hubby yesterday, and to get a glimpse of the Scone Lady on the IPhone, and I understand that he is on his way! As are the Green's. ...just no Winn's!

    ReplyDelete