Monday, September 2, 2024

The SconeLady is not Shy About Twists



Dear Readers! In a flurry of anticipation yesterday, I dashed up to the Norway Store to ask them (without much hope) if maybe, possibly, they MIGHT have brought back the wildly popular Chocolate Twists? Their discontinuation two years ago had been a deep tragedy, and many of us did not like it one little bit.

Well, you won't believe this - they actually did have twists again, only they weren't twisted twists. Does that make sense? They said the ingredients are all exactly the same as ordinary twists except that they are now straight in a sort of 'loaf' configuration.

Of course, I bought one lickety-split, and this is what it looked like in the little boot room at the cottage before I attacked it:


Do you notice its loafy-ness? And it almost looks as if it is bigger and heavier than its former self. 

Then up the hill I walked toward Jean, bearing a goodie bag containing her favorites. Jean is partial to a Pork Pie from the Yellow Canary, and though I have never really cottoned on to the taste myself, if she likes it, well, what is there not to like!? (I always let her have my portion!).

Jean on Saturday

The walk on Sunday began at the Parish Church of St Ia, where they are once again inviting the SconeLady to sing in the choir. Amongst the choir members yesterday lay the honorary member named Tess, the choir doggie who is perfectly well-behaved in all ways.


After church, congregants and choir members gathered around the coffee and tea table, chatting and catching up. I waited to see if anyone spoke to me about our looming American election ("what are the Americans going to do?"). They normally ask, and I am normally in a flutter, waiting for them to ask. But yesterday, the subject was left blessedly unmentioned. 

Dear Readers, there is more to say as I tramped around Cornwall, being rained upon and feeling water inside my shoes, accidentally approaching the links golf course, where pedestrians are discouraged from presenting their heads as TARGETS. Thankfully, this head came through the experience unscathed. 


See you along the way!
the SconeLady





No comments:

Post a Comment