Monday, September 30, 2024

Change of Scene


 I admit that Port Isaac is a beautiful spot - there is no denying it! But I am not there anymore. Beginning tomorrow I will be sharing photos with you that are NOT of that place. Here are a few lovelies from Port Isaac that I managed to capture between rain storms and sunny skies. 

 St Ives is welcoming me back with stunning seas still robust and a bit pushy. But with the addition of great California friends who arrived here just before I did, I am in my element - walking the cobbles of Fore Street, showing off the Wharf, and finding coffee joints too many to number. How to choose? And which place has the best scones in town? THAT was a poser. We discovered there is just too much food here to choose from: the Thai place called Talay, the ex-Seafood Cafe that is now called 'Ardor', Onzo Pizzaria on the Wharf, the Firehouse Bar & Grill which has warm chocolate brownies with ice cream, the Bier Haus Grand Cafe that serves German food PLUS waffles, the Mor store that has the best lunchy sandwiches ever, The Sloop, a pub favored by the locals here, and of course there is the everlasting Balancing Eel that feeds practically all of St Ives. 

It's all about food, right now. And I will start with a chocolate twist/loaf tomorrow morning. My, but it's good to be back.





See you along the way!

the SconeLady


                                                                


No comments:

Post a Comment