Tuesday, September 10, 2024

I Will Rise


Music touches hearts.

Last night Matthew pulled up in front of the Cinema in a lovely posh car (I don't know what type), and into it I hopped. He is always faithful and on time, keeping his part of the bargain so that nothing stands in the way of music touching hearts. It's all part of what makes him Matthew.

The four men inside were heading up the hill to rehearse with the Mousehole Male Voice Choir, and I was privileged to tag along and listen. I listen to the music, of course. But listening to the men along the drive is just as fun. I always learn something.

Last night we learned from John the list of elderly people in his part of Cornwall who had died. I remembered that last year he had also filled us in on passings-away, wakes, and burials. When the man to my right finally said, "Don't you have any good news?" we arrived at the church.

There is always an audience of folk who tiptoe in at 7pm because they love the Choir. The practices are actually a bit like a concert, beginning at the stroke of 7:30 pm and ending bang-on at 9:00. By the end, more than just a few tears have been shed, because Music Touches Hearts.

                            

An unusual audience member tiptoed in at 7 with his Master, just as quiet as you please. We were all shocked at him because he was so surprisingly big. He glanced around at the rest of us, but really only had eyes for his Master.

He never uttered a word or a yip, and never needed to 'go out'. There was something comforting in having him there, not 3 feet away from my feet.

Before I finish these thoughts, dear Readers, the Choir sang a terrific song called, "I Will Rise", which for me bright the house right down. I went home in the glow of it. The three soloists were men I had not known, but they had been faithfully serving in their quiet way, when the director tapped them for this song. It was the sweetest thing. I hope the video works for you, and if it doesn't I shall try and fix it.

See you along the Way!

the SconeLady

Old English Sheepdog - Wikipedia






St Ives between rains


No comments:

Post a Comment