Thursday, September 12, 2024

Be Pampered

The spot where Siri made me walk up the steps

 There were 100 steep steps ahead of me, and I wondered for a moment just what on earth I was doing. Steps are hard. I really meant to take the paved path, sans granite steps, but Siri had a better idea and directed me far enough along to where I couldn't go back. So - it was the steps.

 I was pre-scoping out the directions to Una Spa, where friend Rosie, her Ted, and our Em are going to spend half a day, next week! We want to be pampered. We want to be massaged, and we want to have someone moisturize our faces and serve us breakfast. I have not done quite this thing before, and wanted to get a head start by figuring out our transportation possibilities: 

1. should we walk the 2.5 miles up there? 
2. should we take friend Rosie's car up there? or 
3. should we TAKE A TAXI! 

 After those 100 steps, doesn't it seem to you that Taxi-pampering is just a stupendous idea? I came to that conclusion on the 31st step (I always count steps. Do you?).

After all that stepping, I looked at my health App, for the entertainment value. Just today, here is a sample of what the App told me:

1. 1,018 calories burned
2. 30,871 steps... stepped
3. distance: 11.5 miles walked
4. standing hours: 12
5. flights climbed: 37 floors (I have no idea what that means)

 And, just in case my sisters/daughter/husband/friends want to know, I eat well. Therefore, taking a taxi gets my vote.

 By the way, have you noticed the blue skies in my photographs now? I could not be more thrilled! The first photo below shows how far up I had gotten, not even half way up those steps:


And here is a photo of my very first sunrise in two weeks. It dazzled me this morning when I had Fore Street and the Wharf all to myself because nobody else wanted to FREEZE TO DEATH out there:


Same place, only later

Oh - and by the way, I haven't found fisherman Stuart yet. Have you seen him? I have been down that pier so many times that I fear no lobsters will grace my dinner dish. Nevertheless, I shall carry on my search. If nothing else turns up, there is always Sea Bream.

See you along the way!
the SconeLady

No comments:

Post a Comment