Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Always Listen To Your Navigator


It's a good suggestion, that of listening to, and following closely behind, one's navigator. I usually do, having been married to one for over 40 years. But a few days ago we diverted to a path I thought was the right one, and he thought wasn't. He was right.

The map was a good one, and he was following it. I suppose he couldn't help but follow it, having been a Nav in an RF-4 reconnaissance jet and an F-111 fighter bomber for so many years. Once a Nav, always a Nav.

And even though my way turned out to be wrong, this navigator was nice about it, and said, that's ok, we could have taken your path too - both the paths look plausible. 

What a nice man! 

This morning I ventured off on my own to explore the upper echelons of the town. Up and up I went, right up to the tippy-top of it, hardly stopping, until I could see just about everything there was to see down below. I had no real idea of where I was going, just walking up to the next higher street level. And there are a lot of street levels, and the Moors beyond them. 

My readers know that in all of my walking adventures in this beautiful country, I have found that the most noticeable spots in any English village are its churches. The crosses, the steeples, the towers - all belong to churches. When you have wandered far, are lost, and need a navigator but do not have one, the best thing you can do is look for one of these. I know from experience that the people you find inside them will be willing to help. They are human, and therefore make mistakes just like you and I do. But they will be willing to help, and to guide, and to listen. It's what they are there to do. Lots and lots of little navigators all over this globe, serving the One great Navigator of all, day by day.



See you along the Way!
the SconeLady





















1 comment: