Sunday, September 16, 2018

A Good Day for Prayers


Difficult words were sent across the ocean toward us; unexpected words, and scary. Two small girls lay in a hospital, much loved, ill and in harm's way. From everywhere the support began to come, words of concern, of hope, of love, and not only words but actions, too. Giving; calling; coming; praying. In all of these ways, the young parents are being held.

Each morning has brought further news, and we wait to hear of the turning of the corner toward a mend (in fact, maybe those words are being written to us as I type!). 

It being a Sunday in St Ives, we walked to the church, where the prayers, the Collect, the Old Testament, Psalm, Epistle and Gospel lessons shone down on us like a laser, more clearly than ever. And the Psalm was especially to the purpose.


I love the Lord
for He has heard the voice of my supplication;
because He inclined His ear to me
on the day I called to Him.
The snares of death encompassed me;
the pains of hell took hold of me;
by grief and sorrow was I held.
Then I called upon the Name of the Lord:
"O Lord, I beg you, deliver my soul."
Gracious is the Lord and righteous;
our God is full of compassion.
Psalm 116:1-8

Sometimes we feel we are in a tunnel, unsure of what its end will be, maybe even unwilling to find out. But God is compassionate, and walking in it with us, right where He has always been. Here. Everywhere. 

He, too, is in the tunnel.



See you along the Way!
the SconeLady

1 comment:

  1. We are praying for those beautiful Ladies Green, for their care, their healing, their recovery, and the maturity and growth in faith that they are learning from it...as are we all.

    ReplyDelete