Saturday, August 23, 2014

Someone to Come Home To


All of this talk of travel means I get to dash through the front door and grab up some grandkids! The 13 hours on day one was worth it for the stew and the bread bowl, but the end of the 5 hours today? sweet!

There was the scary drive over the I-5, the I-405, Rosecrans Ave, and Hawthorne Blvd, for a meet-up with the rather stunning California-surfer-son:



Then the scary drive back over the I-405, the I-110, and the 91, with this as the end result:




And then gazing at the other side of the table at this:


You see, Jack In A Box is our tradition, each time we make a drive or a flight to this Land of Asphalt. And asphalt can't be all bad, I suppose. Not when hugs and kisses are there to greet one.

And it's only the beginning! There is much to look forward to: the lovely daughter+Son-In-Law, mere miles to the SoCal sisters+husbands, multiple cousins, nieces, and nephews, in-laws, friends, and a dazzling wedding to attend, 5 weeks in enchanting England including THREE WEEKS IN CORNWALL, and ... well, THAT's about all I can take in at this particular moment.

But all this chatter won't put the baby to bed. And that, I must now do. But - do you want to know what's even scarier than those freeways today?

The thought that we may indeed have become Californians .. again ..


See you along the way!
the SconeLady


No comments:

Post a Comment