Thursday, October 29, 2015

Cornwall Day 27 - It Has To Be Chocolate


I'd been sitting and writing for simply hours, and would go crazy at any moment. That is,if I didn't have something chocolate to eat RIGHT AWAY. The sweet tooth was going to have to be obeyed.

Just moments from here there is a sort-of Pub. It isn't an actual Pub, but it might be the first cousin to one. I had heard they serve chocolate brownies with vanilla ice cream in there. I had heard that it was moist - and anything that comes out of an oven in England, in chocolate, and is moist - must be tried.

So I dashed down there in the dark of night and asked, "Sir, do you have a moist, warm, fresh, chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream on top? To go?"


He noticed the accent, and chuckled. "American, right?"

"Umm, yes..," I confessed. "Why do you ask?"

"Well, you Americans are the only ones who ever come in here and ask about the chocolate brownies. It's the strangest thing."

"Have you ever tried one of them, sir?" I ventured.

"Not...ah, no..." he confessed.

"THAT is why you don't understand it. You just have to go and get one, right now!"

Presently out came my to-go box, all filled up with goodness. He saw my face lighting up, laughed, and shook his head.

I brought it home, cleared away a spot on the table, and sat. Maybe people think a chocolate brownie is going to be like a chocolate cake - dry, crumbly, chokey.  That would explain it, I suppose. 

I picked up the spoon, gave thanks, and plunged right in. I wouldn't have to choke this down.


See you along the way!
the SconeLady

No comments:

Post a Comment