Thursday, October 22, 2015

Cornwall Day 20 - 'Story'



Walking, walking

Yesterday the people in this town, if they noticed me at all, saw a very saddened, almost devastated Lady wandering its streets. I was nearing the end of the audio book version of War and Remembrance, a novel I have read numerous times, seen numerous times as a mini series, and have loved numerous times, every time. Yesterday was the dreadful demise of one of my favorite characters, and I literally could not believe my eyes when I saw people on the streets laughing. So deeply was I into the story, that I thought they were too! Now that is good story-telling.

Herman Wouk developed such real and complex characters that I now feel they are all a part of my family. They have lived and breathed in each chapter being read out to me as I have walked along. Well, it is finished now and I feel bereft. The end saw me choking up right where it had choked me up the numerous times I have lived through it before. Possibly the World War 2 setting is what draws us back again and again to that book and those people. They are all unforgettable.

And now I must find another audio book, because listening to 'story' helps focus me toward my own story-writing. It's almost therapeutic. And in the meantime, I get to look at beautiful places such as the one above, and meet interesting people I would not have otherwise met. It is all the most lovely blessing. Full Stop.


See you along the way!
the SconeLady


No comments:

Post a Comment