Sunday, June 4, 2023

(Cornwall Day 27) The Estates - Part Two

Continued...

In order to give you peace of mind, here is what finally happened:


1 I called my cottage friend and set the new time for 2:00.

2 the train reached Penzance.

3 the same train left for St Erth.

4 the same train broke down.

5 it hobbled back to Penzance.

6 I got off it and took a bus to St Ives. 

All through this long list of events, I thought my husband would have to come from America and rescue me with a white straight jacket! This idea of a straight jacket scared me so much that I got another idea: I would do what any tech-savvy (but slightly ditzy) American should do: GOOGLE IT. 

"Is there a train non stop from Lelant to Penzance?"


In all the 13 years I have visited St Ives, I'm telling you there has NEVER BEEN A DIRECT TRAIN FROM LELANT TO PENZANCE. Maybe there really was a direct train, but I just didn't know it. It was clearly a rotten way to find out.

See you along the way!
the SconeLady

P.S. The cottage was viewed and all four stories admired. I don't know yet whether we will become "second homers" (and perhaps not yet, because four flights of stairs is likely a sad idea). But it sure is fun to look. Even if our tour guide's day gets wrecked.

No comments:

Post a Comment