Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Royal-Watching

With Oxford behind me now and home out ahead, this room looks like some kind of explosion happened to it. I can't seem to fit any of my stuff back into its case. Has this ever happened to you? Has a dream trip, as you approach its end, become a nightmare? It always happens to me, but then I forget about it until the next time.

Besides (and this is much more important), I think I saw Prince William today! I was actually thinking about him, and then - there he was. I'm staying not far from where they live, and was walking in Hyde Park when a helicopter flew directly over my head and landed in a field. The people around me began running as if some sort of magnet was pulling them. They were yelling and laughing, but you couldn't hear anything because the helicopter was so loud. When the engines shut off, 3 people got out and THAT is when I thought I saw Prince William. I thought I saw him getting out of - the COCKPIT! 


Isn't he a pilot? I think he is, so it's not much of a stretch to think he was being one today

Royal-sightings are part of what makes life as a tourist in England so interesting. Almost everyone has a story. I saw the two Princes when they were little boys, walking with their mother along a path toward church. It was Christmas and cold and you could hear their shoes scrunching on the snowy pathway. Since that day, I have become a hopeful and devoted Royal-watcher.

The pilot got out and walked around a little bit, talking to the other helicopter people and to the policemen who were standing guard nearby. These policemen were NOT the Bobbie kind; they were the SWAT kind. Impressive weaponry, fingers on triggers, stern looks, the whole deal. No one who saw those police people would want to Mess With Them.

The man-who-might-be-William finally finished his conversations, looked around at all the bits of his helicopter, got back in and lifted off. Uh-oh. Maybe it wasn't him. Wouldn't he, if he were William, walk into his house? The people around me wondered out loud about this and the opinions were divided. I'm afraid we never came to a conclusion, but you could see that they would be telling their wives, their husbands, their girlfriends, and their children that THEY SAW PRINCE WILLIAM TODAY.

The strange thing is that these people had a sort of glow about them, as if having seen the Prince might rub some of his Princeliness off on them. Hmm, I'd better go and check the mirror - if I can find it. This room looks like some sort of explosion happened to it.


See you along the way!

the SconeLady

Cream Tea at Kensington Palace today





No comments:

Post a Comment