Thursday, October 4, 2018

Sirens


Can you imagine a whole 2 months of NEVER seeing even one police car? Nor hearing even one siren? I can, now. Because we have spent a night in London where police cars are everywhere you look (and we are thankful for them). But the place I have just lived for such a span of time, hadn't even one. 

I did check. There is a web page that describes various infractions such as 'inappropriate parking of cars at St Uny Church', driving a truck whose trailer has defective brakes, and...and, ah, that was it. For the moment. 

I'm sure there are nefarious doings there, because there are people there, and people do nefarious things now and then. But maybe not on vacation. It wasn't obvious, anyway, and no police cars or sirens for 2 whole months has to tell you something. I suppose it must be because people come away to St Ives to escape things like sirens, and don't want to perpetrate any themselves. 

But I won't mind going back to the land of cop cars and freeway chases. I'm used to it! And besides, right in the middle of all the action are my wonderful loved ones, sleeping now, but waiting...waiting there for me. 

That's worth quite a few sirens.


See you along the way!
the SconeLady


No comments:

Post a Comment