Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Seeing You Along The Way!




"Grandma, bring back some England for me. Ok?"

The eyes in that face were as round and as innocent as they come, and in an instant Grandma wanted absolutely to bring him back some 'England'. As much England as she could possibly hold. And then, he said Goodbye.

For it was a Goodbye night, tonight. A gathering at the instigation of lovely little people who would adore to go with me but can't, and who will 'follow' me anyway, each step of the way. 

"Which 'England' do you want me to bring?" I asked.

"Oh, King Arthur's Castle, of course," he said.

"And the Sword in the Stone!" piped someone else, who had been studying this fascinating drama.

A masculine voice added to the chorus, "and what about C.S. Lewis? Might as well bring back C.S. Lewis while you're at it." If only. Oh, if only.

And then they all piled into their car, calling out "Goodbye! Goodbye! We'll miss you - We miss you already - We love you - God be with you!" And five blonds backed down the drive, shifted gears, and pulled away. It was the 'God be with you!' that struck me the most, and I walked back into the house, humming the tune.

God be with you till we meet again,
By His counsels guide, uphold you;
With His sheep securely fold you.
God be with you till we meet again.

Till we meet, till we meet,
Till we meet at Jesus' feet.
Till we meet, till we meet,
God be with you till we meet again.


Just see how much England I can bring you back.


From the Sheep's Fold,
The Scone Lady



No comments:

Post a Comment