Saturday, March 7, 2015

A Mother


I don't know if time will allow me to post for you tonight, for there is much to do. So I will tell you what has happened and what I think will happen, and then go from there.

Yesterday's highest point happened, at the conclusion of:


  • an early wakeup and dash for the hotel door
  • a Hotel Hoppa bus ride through multiple crazy roundabouts 
  • an extended Security pat-down (yikes)
  • a delicious croissant with 'filtered' coffee (and free refill! miraculous, in England)
  • significant delays but finally escaping the tarmac
  • eating everything presented to me by kindly British flight attendants
  • a screaming baby whose mother I did not judge
  • unmentionable delays and rigamarole but finally escaping the airport
  • seeing the most lovely faces in this wide world, waiting there just for me! (this was the highest point)

There was much to talk about, and it kept on coming back to the person we had all come here to celebrate, a Mother, Mother-in-Law, Grandmother, Great Grandmother, and friend, all rolled into one gracious bundle. 



She was lovely, as you can see here. And as you can also see, she was ready for anything. Not only hunting alongside her husband and sons, but also helping to clean what was bagged, even cutting, packaging, and plucking. Whatever was called for, she was willing.

Everyone is proud of her but even more, softened and strengthened by her. It is impossible to think of her in a past tense. Last night countless times the words "She loves," "She keeps," and "She lives," rang out among the loved ones who had gathered. We can't believe we have to say Goodbye. It was too soon.

Perhaps I might remind each Reader of something that has made itself clear for me, once again. Speak with one another while you can. Ask the questions. Share the stories. Say I love you. Don't forget... do it now.


See you along the way!
the SconeLady

No comments:

Post a Comment